Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Blog 26: Senior Project Reflection



1) Positive Statement

I’m most proud of the fact that I was able to utilize all the time allotted for my presentation. I had a lot of quality information to present and I was able to take my time explaining it for everyone.

(2) Questions to Consider

a.     What assessment would you give yourself on your 2-Hour Presentation (self-assessment)?

AE

b.     What assessment would you give yourself on your overall senior project (self-assessment)?

P

(3) What worked for you in your senior project?

My independent component 2 helped to open up a lot of new gateways for both information and opportunities in the future. Being that I was able to observe lab work at the City of Hope, the people that I was able to meet with and speak with led me to two of my final answers and helped me to solidify my product.

(4) (What didn't work) If you had a time machine, what would have you done differently to improve your senior project if you could go back in time?

I should have looked to find another alternative for mentorship sooner. If I could have found my place of mentorship earlier on in the year, I could have been able to finish my hours on time, or even added onto the required amount.

(5) Finding Value

After completing my senior project, I’ve become 100% assured of the fact that I want to study molecular biology in the future. I genuinely love my topic, and having been able to explore it in depth, I learned the importance of collaboration between scientists. I can use this information to strengthen my endeavors in lab work in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment