Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Blog 5a: Science Fair Problem Statement



1)      (Senior Project Topic)

Molecular biology

2)      Problem in your topic.  What will you do once you solve the problem?

There is not enough research being done about the potential uses of microalgae. Microalgae can be used to create biofuels, yet it is not being largely looked into. After solving this problem I would write an article about my experiments with my mentor, and attempt to have it published in Popular Science magazine (or another similar, well-known magazine) to educate others about the usefulness of microalgae.

3) Problem in your topic.  What will you do once you solve the problem?

Ethical issues being raised are blocking possible stem cell studies. Stem cells have shown great potential for finding cures and treatments for diseases, but opposition is delaying potential research opportunities. After I solve this problem, I will continue to educate people about the benefits of stem cell research by starting an organization on my college’s campus that is dedicated to informing others about the value of scientific research.

No comments:

Post a Comment