1. Who did you
interview and what house are they in?
Jessica Hartlein, south house (pang’s)
2. What ideas do you have for your senior project and why?
2. What ideas do you have for your senior project and why?
“I’m bouncing between martial arts and baking because I
think I could have a good science project for baking.”
3. What do you plan to do for your summer 10 hour mentorship experience?
3. What do you plan to do for your summer 10 hour mentorship experience?
“I was just going to be my karate dojo’s slave for the
summer. They make me clean, answer phones, and teach classes.”
4. What do you hope to see or expect to see in watching the 2013 2-hour presentations?
4. What do you hope to see or expect to see in watching the 2013 2-hour presentations?
“Well to keep it simple, the good, the bad, and the ugly as
of all presentations. But I’m going to take notes on how the presentations are
run so I have an idea of how I can do mine and which topic would be a good fit
for the presentation.”
5. What questions do you have that I can answer about senior year or senior project (or what additional information did you tell them about senior year or senior project)?
5. What questions do you have that I can answer about senior year or senior project (or what additional information did you tell them about senior year or senior project)?
- How much consideration of the science project should I put in when picking a topic?
I'd honestly just choose a topic that suits
you. Pittman explains to us fairly early on that as long as we can find
something to measure with numbers, you can make a science project. With some
topics, a lab related science project is kind of expected, but if you can
convince Pittman that it's worth it, you're good!
- What’s the average homework load? How much do the teachers usually give out a day and how long does it take to do?
We were lucky because we weren’t able to start aleks right away. When you do, that’s two hours a week. Ogden likes worksheets, so depending on the subject he's teaching you could get anywhere from 10 to 50 minutes worth of that. We don't usually have hw from the other classes, unless you include lit circle reading.
No comments:
Post a Comment